Northcutt.com is a boutique, enterprise SEO agency that grows ecommerce and cloud service brands.
We're seeking to augment our team of 12 full-time organic digital marketers, concentrated around Chicago, with our first full-time role that's totally dedicated to sales and business development. Currently, all new business is closed by the CEO and is acquired organically via word of mouth, partners, and the web (in that order).
The Chief Revenue Officer will establish and assume ownership of new accounts on a salary + commission/bonus basis, with the mission of closing 3 engagements per month in 2019, and 5 engagements per month by the time we reach our self-imposed growth cap of 25 full-time employees.
- We anticipate three "hats" in this role.
- Pro Bono SEO Consultant: 2-3 days/week of initial consultation (listening session), custom proposal (SEO teardown in Google Slides), pitch (video presentation), and follow-ups on 10-20 qualified leads per month.
- Partner Liason: 1-2 days per week of managing and deepening our relationship with adjacent agency partnerships (for services we don't provide, such as design/development, PPC, branding, etc.).
- Business Development: 1-2 days/week of networking, creating (and sharing) SEO audit/teardown screencasts, speaking, and/or any other authentic, quality-over-quantity, generosity-driven demand generation.
- Overall, we need somebody to take the reigns and develop a so-far neglected department in our agency dubbed "Accounts".
- 5+ years of experience designing SEO strategies.
- 2+ years experience in a sales-related role.
- A passion for inventing custom SEO strategies for established brands.
- Genuine excitement and enjoyment from getting to know entrepreneurs and their dreams.
- A fundamental understanding of ecommerce and cloud service offerings.
- A self-driven approach to sales, follow-ups, and tracking/optimizing success.
- Rock-solid communication ( written and verbal).
- Likable, honest, and a perpetually eager learner.
- An infallible sense of humor.
- Grow on a team surrounded by other great search marketing minds.
- Ongoing training and collaboration with several of the best enterprise SEO specialists in the biz.
- Be equipped with an arsenal of the best SEO tools, automation, and resources.
- Lose the commute (most days) and get hours back in your life.
- BCBSIL group health plans with 25% match. 20 days/year PTO.
- Unlike most agencies, we're not a "sausage grinder". We care about our staff and clients. We're proud to say that our retention of both has been unprecedented.
Northcutt is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.